It's odd not having four unique seasons. It has felt like summer to me since February. I still remember looking for Sam Adam's Summer Ale in February and realizing that it wasn't there because it's NOT summer, even if it was 80 degrees outside.
There are some changes. I remember that during "winter" it does not rain -- so it's very dry and towards March/April/May the chances of fires increase in Florida. It rains a lot and is VERY humid in the "summer." And now... during fall the rain has cut back a little and the humidity is starting to drop.
Today, I was asked my a patient how long I have been a Physical Therapist and I said "since October." The student that was observing me looking at me odd. I thought for a second. I have been a PT for a year. The most striking part was not that I have been practicing or a year, but that it's going to be October in a few days! I honestly cannot believe it. It's still 90 degrees here.
I cannot explain how it feels, but the lack of distinctive seasons alters your perception of time. As much as I despise the cold, I believe the seasons help you get a better handle on time.
I miss my family. I miss Ohio. I miss the seasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment